Monday, December 14, 2009

Legends member Robert Bregante makes Muay Thai debut in Thailand!!

By Jay Tan

On the international front, Legends MMA member Robert Bregante recently had his Muay Thai debut.

Bregante, 27, first started taking Muay Thai from Legends trainer Peter Nylund two years ago. Wanting to take his skills to the next level, Bregante moved out to Thailand three months ago, and has been training at Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket ever since. He says his plans are to stay there for a year and hopes to get at least 10 fights under his belt before returning to Legends.
His routine consists of two training sessions per day, in addition to running twice daily, totaling approximately seven hours of training a day, six days a week.

Here’s the clip for Robert’s match (he's in the white trunks):


About his experience abroad, Bregante said by email “it feels wonderful to have my hard work pay off, after going through this experience I think it's the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But it has come with a huge sense of accomplishment, and now I feel like I can accomplish anything I set out to do.”

“I think what surprised me most about this whole experience is what I learned about myself. I set my fears aside and allowed myself to embrace a new culture and new way of life. . . it has helped me to become more confident in myself, something I was lacking before I arrived to Thailand! I am especially grateful to Peter, the first person I met when I walked through the doors of Legends, the first person I trained with and my biggest inspiration for coming out here to Thailand!”

Congratulations on the big victory, Robert, and keep up the heavy training. We’ll be looking forward to having you back in the gym when you return.

No comments: